Sometimes when I get off work I want a burrito or french fries or something else that I can’t make at home, then I remember that I have to eat what I have in the cupboard because it’s already paid for. It was freezing today so I wanted to make something warm and with substance. I threw together a tasty, simple stew of carbohydrates, veggies, and protein.
- one russet potato, washed and cubed
- one can of green peas (no salt added)
- one can of chickpeas
- one tablespoon of garlic
- two baby carrots, washed and diced
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- sprinkling of nutritional
- salt and pepper
1. Boil water on high. Add nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, garlic, potato, carrot, and brown rice. Reduce heat to medium and put a lid on it.
2. After about twenty minutes add the canned goods. Ladle into a serving bowl and add mustard.
The mustard really made it for me. Otherwise it was kind of a bland dish. You could always make this into a curry or serve it with bread. I just didn’t have either of those.