I really wanted to try my hand at another vegan cookie recipe. This time I bought semi-sweet chocolate chips which are vegan. I used earth balance instead of apple butter. I didn’t use any eggs or egg replacement in the recipe, but used almond milk to wet the dough a bit. The cookies came out delicious! They didn’t spread like cookies usually do, but that’s not really a requirement for me. They were buttery, chewy, and MINI! My mother says they’re fattening, but I think most things are okay for you in moderation.
Vegan Chocolate Chip and Cashew Cookies
- 1/2 cup earth balance
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped, salted, roasted cashews
2. Add almond milk and vanilla extract. Mix together. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir. Add the chocolate chips and cashews, and mix well to combine.
3. Using a small melon baller or ice cream scoop, place dough on a non-stick cookie sheet. Don’t worry about crowding because these cookies do not spread. Bake in the oven for ten minutes or until lightly coloured.