While my dad offered to buy me some Panda Express for lunch, I opted out knowing that I had food at home to cook. I am staying at my grandparent’s house in Thousand Oaks, California right now. It’s very different than Santa Cruz, filled with chain restaurants and fast food. There are not as many options for fresh produce as there is up there. I did walk to Whole Foods this morning in the rain to buy some food for the rest of the week. Today I heated up some leftover pork ribs and ate them with a buttermilk biscuit (the kind from the can, I know, gross) and some homemade coleslaw and avocado. My other grandmother made the coleslaw. She makes it with shredded Napa cabbage, peanuts, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, and green onions. I added half of an avocado and some yogurt honey mustard dressing I bought from Whole Foods. It turned out to be a very tasty quick lunch.
The Single Cook
August 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- almonds apple Asian asparagus avocado baking barley BBQ beans beef blueberry bread breakfast brocolli brown rice cabbage cake carrots cashew cheese chicken chickpeas chocolate cookies cranberries cream cheese dessert desserts egg fish garbanzo beans garlic ginger green beans hamburger hoisin sauce hummus Indian Italian kale kielbasa lemon lettuce Middle Eastern mozzarella mustard noodles nutritional yeast olives oranges pasta peanut pineapple pizza polenta Pork potato potatoes ramen raspberry Restaurant rice salad sandwich sausage seitan shrimp soup spinach sprouts strawberry tortilla turkey vegan vegetarian
- Braised Cider Short Ribs with Herbed Spaetzle
- Beer Beef and Barley Stew
- Laili Restaurant Review
- Breakfast at the Eagle Cafe, Pier 39
- Weddings, Gardens, and Aquaman?
- Carrot-Ginger Cake with Orange Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting
- French Macarons with Chocolate Ganache
- Silver Spur Restaurant Review
- Random Food Update
- Mini Buffalo Burgers on Whole Wheat Pita
Single Girl Cooks